How do I take care of my henna?
What do I do with my henna paste after it's dry?
- Keep the paste on for a minimum of 3 hours. Sometimes it will start flaking off, this is okay. It is not necessary to keep it on beyond 8 hours. If you are keeping it on over night please wrap it in toilet paper/paper towel and then place a sock over it. Never use saran wrap or plastic, this could make your henna "bleed".
- Scrape the dry paste off with a butter knife, credit card, or peel it off. The stain will be orange.
- Avoid water for the first 24 hours if possible.
- Watch henna stain mature over the first 48 hours. The stain will be the darkest color on the second day.
- Use baby oil, coconut oil, balm, or other moisturizer or barrier to protect your henna.
- It will last two weeks or more depending on after care.
(Below are photos of the stages and how to care for your henna)
- Hand sanitizer
- Swimming pools (chlorine)
- Exfoliating products
Henna stains the proteins (keratin) in our skin. Everyone has different levels of keratin and that can create varying levels of stains.